As the weather gets colder, UGI urges customers to remain vigilant for signs of Carbon Monoxide build-up. Carbon Monoxide (CO) is an odorless, tasteless, colorless gas that all fossil fuels produce when they do not burn properly. This can result in CO poisoning, due to a malfunctioning heating unit, blocked chimney, or other fuel-burning appliance. This occurrence is more common during cold weather, when heating units are in use and home windows and doors are closed tightly.
For your protection, a CO detector should be installed on each floor of a home, particularly sleeping areas. Check the manufacturer’s instructions for related information and replacement considerations.
Symptoms of CO poisoning include:
For more information regarding Carbon Monoxide Safety, please visit