Don’t Let Your Utility Bills Scare You!
21 Oct 2020
Save Energy and Money this October
October is National Energy Awareness Month, which aims to raise awareness of the importance of sustainably managing our nation’s energy resources.
Across the country, many people have transitioned to working from home, which could mean they’re using household appliances more frequently, such as dishwashers and washing machines, or electronics and lights. Here are a few fast and easy energy-saving tips for you to use at home:
- Replace traditional incandescent bulbs with LEDs, which last up to 15 times longer.
- Use a power strip for electronics and unplug or turn it off when your devices are not in use.
- Lower the temperature on your thermostat by about 10-15 degrees if you are going to be out for more than a few hours.
- Run full loads of dishes to maximize your dishwasher’s efficiency and reduce overall consumption.
- Replace old appliances with energy-efficient models carrying the ENERGY STAR® label.
This month, save energy and money, cut carbon, and breathe easier by pledging to cut energy waste. You will not only reduce your energy bills, you’ll also reduce your carbon footprint! To find out how you can save money through the installation of energy efficient equipment, visit www.ugi.com/savesmart.