Follow these tips to stay safe around power lines:
- Keep ladders, platforms, tools, and equipment at least 10 feet away from any wires to avoid the potential for power outages, fire, and serious injury.
- Know where power lines are at all times. If you are working on your roof, windows, siding or rain gutters keep yourself, tools and equipment at least 10 feet away from any wires. Greater distances are required for higher voltage transmission lines.
- Exercise caution when operating scissor lifts or building scaffolding near power lines.
- Keep kites, drones, helium filled balloons, and remote control aircraft away from overhead electric lines to avoid the potential for power outages, fires and serious injuries.
- If a balloon or toy is caught in a power line, contact UGI immediately at 1-800-276-2722 to report the problem. Never attempt to retrieve anything that is on or near a power line.
Have a concern about working near power lines? Contact UGI at 800-276-2722 to see if additional steps are necessary to provide a safe working environment. To learn more about electrical safety and safe digging, visit us online at www.ugi.com/safety.