May is Electrical Safety Month
25 May 2017
Did you know an average of 51,000 electrical home fires occur each year in the United States?
To help raise awareness about electrical safety, the month of May has been designated as Electrical Safety Month.
UGI is committed to providing safe and reliable electric service to our customers and we encourage our customers to follow safe practices whenever you use an electrical source.
Celebrate Electrical Safety Month with UGI by following these safety tips:
- Use a surge protector with all electronics
- Do not overload outlets or power strips
- Never use power tools near live electrical wires or water sources
- Always wear appropriate protective wear when working with power tools
- Remember to look up and live when working around power lines
To learn more about electrical safety, as well as find information about electrical power outages, visit www.ugi.com/safety.