Be Prepared, Not Scared, During National Preparedness Month
30 Aug 2019
Disasters don’t have to be scary if you prepare in advance. September is National Preparedness Month, a campaign established by the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) to remind us that we must prepare ourselves and our families for disasters now and throughout the year. This year’s campaign theme is “Prepared, Not Scared. Be Ready for Disasters.” Safety is a way of life at UGI and we remind our customers to prepare themselves and their families for an emergency now, instead of waiting until it is too late.
- Make and practice a family emergency plan, including pets. Visit www.ready.gov for tips on how to create an emergency plan.
- Review your insurance policies. Make sure you are covered against floods, earthquakes, tornadoes, and high winds if necessary.
- Keep copies of important documents in secure, waterproof locations.
- Learn lifesaving skills such as CPR and first aid.
- Enable location services and allow emergency notifications and weather alerts in the settings on your phone or other mobile devices.
- Create emergency kits for work, home, and your vehicle. Include a flashlight, batteries, cash, and first aid supplies.
For more information on National Preparedness Month, visit www.ready.gov/september. For more safety tips or items to put in your emergency kit, visit https://www.ugi.com/natural-gas-safety/. A full emergency preparedness checklist is available on www.ugi.com. See our values in action on our Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook.