UGI’s Save Smart energy efficiency and conservation program wants to help your business save energy and money this season by providing rebates and programs to reward investing in energy efficient systems. In addition, the following conservation tips will help your business save on energy costs during the summer months.
Use Energy Wisely This Summer
- Install a programmable thermostat and raise the setting to the highest comfortable temperature. You can save from 3 to 5 percent on your air conditioning costs for each degree you raise the thermostat.
- Close doors leading to uncooled parts of your office. If you have central air conditioning, close off vents to unused rooms. Keep filters clean.
- Seal holes and cracks around doors and windows. Eliminate air leaks around window air conditioners with foam insulation or weatherstripping.
- Close blinds, shades and draperies facing the sun to keep out the sun’s heat and help fans and air conditioners cool more efficiently.
- Use timers and motion detectors on indoor and outdoor lighting.
- Avoid placing lamps or TV sets near your air-conditioning thermostat. The thermostat senses heat from these appliances, which can cause the air conditioner to run longer than necessary.
- Vacuum registers regularly to remove any dust buildup. Ensure that furniture and other objects are not blocking the airflow through your registers.
- Install efficient lighting that runs cooler. Only about 10 to 15 percent of the electricity that incandescent lights consume results in light—the rest is turned into heat.
To learn more about available programs and rebates, visit www.ugi.com/savesmart or email us at email@example.com.