Sign in to Your Account

Remember Me

Forgot User ID | Forgot Password
Other Login Problems

April Featured Community Organization: S.P.A.R.K.S.

In recognition of National Volunteer Week and our employees’ commitment to the communities in which they live and work, we’re proud to highlight the S.P.A.R.K.S. Foundation (Science Projects are Really Kids’ Stuff) as our April Featured Community Organization. The S.P.A.R.K.S. Foundation is funded in part by the more than $1 million UGI donates each year to STEM initiatives.

UGI volunteers are instrumental in fostering an interest in science to children in classrooms throughout our service territory. Employees assist students as they conduct experiments ranging from mixing two liquids to make a solid, to making glowing slime, to launching a rocket.

“My favorite part about the S.P.A.R.K.S. program is the joy and enthusiasm the kids experience. One girl, as she was leaving, told me she wanted to be a scientist when she grew up. S.P.A.R.K.S. is making a positive impact in these children’s lives.”
– UGI Volunteer “Radioactive” Rob Kachmar

“I would definitely recommend volunteering for a S.P.A.R.K.S event. They’re educational and fun. It ‘sparks’ the students interest in science, while also engaging their senses and interactive skills with fellow classmates. I’ve helped with this two times now, and I’m not spoiling anything, but seeing the kids’ reactions to the final experiment is priceless.”
– UGI Volunteer “Jupiter” James Walker

Learn more about how UGI supports the community by visiting our blog.