Emergency Relief Program
UGI understands that these are challenging times. To ease the burden during this difficult time, UGI is now offering the Emergency Relief Program (ERP) to natural gas customers in Pennsylvania, pending Pennsylvania Public Utility Commission approval. The program consists of two components to help qualifying customers with their outstanding energy bills during the COVID-19 Pandemic:
UGI will not terminate your service if you follow program guidelines and make payments on or before each month’s due date. Since the program will not be implemented until December 2020, customers are encouraged to continue making reasonable monthly payments until the plan begins to help keep your account balance and future payments more manageable.
IMPORTANT: UGI also offers several income based customer assistance programs that can further ease financial burden for residential customers on a limited income. If your household income falls at or below 250% of Federal Poverty Levels, please complete our Customer Assistance application here instead of applying for the Emergency Relief Program.
To request pre-enrollment in our Emergency Relief Program, click the appropriate link below:
- If you have more than one UGI account, please submit a form for each you want to enroll in the ERP.
- Within 15 business days of submitting the form, you will receive an email with the status of your request. If you are eligible, you will receive an email from CustomerExperienceSupport@ugi.com that will contain instructions and the Emergency Relief Program Agreement to securely upload your supporting documentation.
- Please adjust your email filters to ensure emails from @ugi.com do not get marked as spam or junk.
- You will receive one email for each account you have requested to enroll.
- Complete the Emergency Relief Program Agreement for each account as instructed and upload specified eligibility documentation
- UGI will send a confirmation email for each agreement submitted.
- In December 2020, UGI will send both an email confirmation and a letter to remind you of your Emergency Relief Program enrollment, provide information about your program benefits and a date when the first installment payment will be due.
- At this time, the pending Emergency Relief Program is not available to UGI Electric customers or UGI Natural Gas customers in Maryland.
If you prefer not to use the online form and need an alternate method to apply, please contact Customer Service at 800-276-2722 from Monday through Friday 8 am to 5 pm.