Natural Gas Equipment Combined Heating and Power (CHP) Applications for Your Business
Get affordable power everyday with CHP. Here’s how it works:
The heat output of MicroTurbines can be used to both heat and air condition your facility via absorption cooling. This offers your business an efficiency of more than 80% versus 35% at power plants. Ultimately you can reduce your annual energy costs, reduce peak electric energy costs and demand charges, and reduce annual carbon emissions by an average 20 – 40%.
Most projects have a natural gas engine or turbine that radiates heat that is captured and used in a heating application. The heat is then used to drive an absorption cooling machine that produces cooling. The natural gas engine or turbine is coupled with an electric generator to produce electric power.
Additional CHP Industry Resources
- Pennsylvania Public Utility Commission ACT 129 Information
- Combined Heat and Power Partnership website
- Download our CHP Fact Sheet
- Download Energy Solution Center’s CHP Magazine
- View a video that highlights the economic benefits of CHP