Filling Stations For Natural Gas Vehicles
One of the most important aspects of the success of NGVs is access to fuel. Today there are an estimated 1,000 NGV fueling stations in the U.S. and half of those are open to the general public. There are new alternative fuel filling stations being built throughout the U.S.; the Department of Energy has an online locator tool of Public Alternative Fueling Stations.
There are public NGV fueling stations are currently under construction. However, the following fueling stations are now open:
- Carlisle Flying J #708 1501 Harrisburg Pike, Carlisle, PA 17013
- Clean N’ Green, 910 W Pennsylvania Ave, Pen Argyl, PA 18072
- GAIN Clean Fuel – C.A.T. Inc, 429 Highway 315, Scranton, PA 18640
- L T Verrastro Inc, 700 Moosic Rd, Old Forge, PA 18518
- Lehigh Gas, Route 309 in Whitehall Township
- Martindale Autogas CNG New Holland, 251 Commerce Drive
- River Valley Transit, 1550 West 3rd Street, Williamsport, PA 17701
- Trillium CNG, 125 Keystone Blvd, Pottsville, PA 17901
- Uni-Mart Exxon, 1825 Pennsylvania 309, Allentown, PA 18104
- Wayne Township Landfill, 267 Fritz Road, McElhatten, PA 17745
CNG fuel prices and public station locations are available at www.cngprices.com/stations.
Penn CNG Solutions, Inc. in Williamsport, PA helps consumers save on fuel costs with natural gas. The company converts vehicles to burn compressed natural gas and sells bi-fuel conversion kits, which allows a vehicle to continue to run on gasoline or diesel, with the adding option of using CNG.