Natural Gas For Home Space Heating
Maximize Space without Sacrificing Comfort
Consider economical and efficient natural gas space heating for the following areas:
- Family room in the basement
- Create your own workshop area in the garage
- Add a sunroom or enclosed porch
Because many models require no venting, they can be installed practically anywhere.
- You can heat additional living space in your home for about one-third the cost of an electric space heater. Since many models are equipped with push-button ignition, you don’t have to heat a room that is not in use.
- The efficiency of any heating system is measured in terms of its “Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency” (AFUE). The AFUE is a percentage and measures the ratio between the amount of energy that goes into a heating system versus the amount of energy that comes out as usable heat. The heat losses that can occur during start up and cool down, as well as the unit’s efficiency while it is operating, are all taken into account. Natural gas space heaters offer efficiency ratings as high as 99.9%. These high efficiency units are available in freestanding, wall-mounted or console models. Optional blowers can be added to distribute heat more evenly.