UGI Announces Berwick Infrastructure Project
28 Feb 2023
UGI Utilities, Inc. will begin a natural gas main replacement project the week of March 6 that will impact the the borough of Berwick in Columbia County and Salem Township in Luzerne County.
The natural gas main replacement project will encompass a section of the southern part of Berwick and include the following streets:
· Seventh Street from Market Street to Chestnut Street;
· Sixth Street from Market Street to Chestnut Street;
· Fifth Street from Pine Street to Fowler Avenue, Luzerne County;
· Fourth Street from Pine Street to Fowler Avenue, Luzerne County;
· Third Street from Pine Street to Fowler Avenue, Luzerne County;
· Wyandotte Street from Pine Street to Chestnut Street;
· Pine Street from Seventh Street south to Third Street;
· Chestnut Street from Seventh Street south to Third Street;
· Walnut Street from Fifth Street to Third Street;
· Spruce Street between Fifth Street and 4 ½ Street;
· Center Street from West 10th Street to West 12th Street.
More than 10,000 feet of non-contemporary main will be replaced. This project will also renew gas service lines to approximately 250 customers.
Construction hours will take place from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday. During construction hours, residents will experience road closures, detours, and traffic delays. Parking also will be restricted on those blocks during construction hours. Accommodations will be made for school buses and emergency vehicles.
The project is expected to be completed by early September.
“UGI recognizes area residents will be inconvenienced during this project. We will work to complete construction in a timely manner,” Tim Angstadt, Vice President of Operations, said. “This project is part of UGI’s continuing commitment to provide safe and reliable natural gas service to our customers and our communities. We appreciate the community’s patience and understanding as we make this long-term system improvement.”
UGI Utilities, Inc. is a natural gas and electric utility company that serves more than 740,000 customers. Additional information about UGI Utilities, Inc. is available at www.ugi.com. Follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/ugiutilities or Twitter: www.twitter.com/ugi_utilities.