UGI Announces Nescopeck Infrastructure Project
21 Oct 2020
UGI Utilities, Inc. will begin a natural gas main replacement project in the borough of Nescopeck, Luzerne County, beginning Monday, October 26. This project is part of the Company’s multi-year infrastructure betterment initiative.
The natural gas main replacement project will install more than 5,000 feet of natural gas main and take place on the following streets:
- Second Street from Third Street to Broad Street;
- Second Street from Broad Street to Worchester Street;
- Broad Street from Second Street to Third Street;
- Second Street from Broad Street to Warren Street;
- Warren Street from First Street to Second Street;
- First Street from Warren Street to Dewey Street.
This project will also renew gas service lines to approximately 80 homes and businesses along the route.
Construction hours will be 7 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday. During construction, residents will experience traffic delays and road closures. Parking also will be restricted on those blocks during construction hours. Flaggers will direct traffic during construction.
The project is expected to be completed by the end of January 2021.
UGI Utilities, Inc. is a natural gas and electric utility company that serves more than 700,000 customers. Additional information about UGI Utilities, Inc. is available at www.ugi.com. Follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/ugiutilities or Twitter: www.twitter.com/ugi_utilities.