UGI Announces Re-start of Harrisburg Construction Projects, May 2020
05 May 2020
UGI Utilities, Inc. will re-start a number of natural gas main replacement projects in the City of Harrisburg throughout the month of May. These projects are part of the Company’s multi-year infrastructure betterment initiative.
These projects will take place with a modified construction schedule in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. At this time, UGI construction will focus on replacing gas mains and reduce the need to enter customer homes during the COVID-19 emergency.
The service line renewal process, which requires access to homes and businesses, will be postponed to a later date due to social distancing guidelines. UGI will contact affected residents when service line work is scheduled and access to properties is required.
UGI construction activity will re-start on the following projects the week of May 4:
- The 1800-2200 blocks of North 4th Street, the 400 block of Muench Street, the 300 block of Maclay Street, the 2100 block of Logan Street, the 2000 block of Susquehanna Street, and Geiger Street from Susquehanna Street to North 4th
- The 1500-1700 blocks of North 5th Street and the 400 block of Kelker Street.
- The 1200-1300 blocks of Walnut Street, the 100 block of Balm Street, the 100 block of Linden Street, the 100 block of Summit Street, and the 100 block of King Street.
UGI construction activity will re-start on the following projects the week of May 11:
- The 2200-2400 blocks of Green Street, the 2200-2300 blocks of Susquehanna Street, the 200 block of Emerald Street; and the 2200 block of Penn Street;
- The1600 and 2000 block of 2nd Street, Maclay and 2nd Street, and Peffer Street between Front and 2nd
UGI will perform all work with enhanced safety protocols consistent with orders issued by the Wolf Administration.
Construction work will typically occur between the hours of 7 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday. There may be extended weekday and Saturday construction hours if conditions permit.
During construction, residents will experience traffic delays and road closures. Parking also will be restricted on those blocks during construction hours. Flaggers will direct traffic during construction.
UGI Utilities, Inc. is a natural gas and electric utility company that serves more than 700,000 customers. Additional information about UGI Utilities, Inc. is available at www.ugi.com. Follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/ugiutilities or Twitter: www.twitter.com/ugi_utilities.