UGI Announces Re-start of Lehigh Valley Construction Projects
05 May 2020
UGI Utilities, Inc. will re-start a number of natural gas main replacement projects in the Cities of Allentown, Bethlehem, and Easton, and in Wilson Borough, throughout the month of May. These projects are part of the Company’s multi-year infrastructure betterment initiative.
These projects will take place with a modified construction schedule in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. At this time, UGI construction will focus on replacing gas mains located in the street, which will allow the Company to limit interactions with customers and reduce the need to enter customer homes during the COVID-19 emergency.
The service line renewal process, which requires access to homes and businesses, will be postponed to a later date due to social distancing guidelines. UGI will contact affected residents when service line work is scheduled and access to properties is required.
UGI construction activity will start on the following projects the week of May 4:
- The 2000-2100 blocks of Ferry Street in Wilson Borough;
- The 400 block of South 20th Street and the 1900 block of Freemansburg Avenue in Wilson Borough;
- The 2800-2900 blocks of Middletown Road in Bethlehem;
- The 1900-2100 blocks of Allen Street, the 500-600 blocks of North Saint Elmo Streets, and the 600 block of North 20th Street in Allentown.
Construction activity will start on the following project the week of May 11:
- The 2300-2400 blocks of Butler Street in Wilson Borough.
Construction activity will start on the following projects the week of May 18:
- The 1500-1900 blocks of Lehigh Street, the 1600 block of Spruce Street, and 16th Street in Wilson Borough;
- The 700-900 blocks of Fernwood Street, the 700-900 blocks of Wood Street, and Garrison Street in Bethlehem;
- The 900 block of North 7th Street in Allentown;
- The 2100 block of West Allen Street, the 500-600 blocks of North 22nd Street, and the 500-600 blocks of Lucas Street in Allentown;
- The 2300-2400 blocks of West Allen Street, and the 600 block of North 23rd Street in Allentown;
- The 1800-2200 blocks of West Highland Street and the 800-1000 blocks of North 18th Street in Allentown;
- The 800-900 blocks of North 21st Street, the 200 block of West Greenleaf Street, and the 900 block of St. Elmo Street in Allentown;
- The 300-400 blocks of Diamond Street, the 300-400 blocks of East Kleinhans Street, and the 300 block of East Berwick Street in Easton;
- The 100 block of East Milton Street, the 100 block of West Milton Street, the 100 block of West Lincoln Street, the 500-600 blocks of Folk Street, and the 600 block of James Street, and Saint Johns Street.
UGI will perform all work with enhanced safety protocols consistent with orders issued by the Wolf Administration.
Construction work will typically occur between the hours of 7 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday. There may be extended weekday and Saturday construction hours if conditions permit.
During construction, residents will experience traffic delays and road closures. Parking also will be restricted on those blocks during construction hours. Flaggers will direct traffic during construction.
UGI Utilities, Inc. is a natural gas and electric utility company that serves more than 700,000 customers. Additional information about UGI Utilities, Inc. is available at www.ugi.com. Follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/ugiutilities or Twitter: www.twitter.com/ugi_utilities.