UGI Announces Re-start of Northeast Pennsylvania Construction Projects
05 May 2020
UGI Utilities, Inc. will re-start a number of natural gas main replacement projects in Northeast Pennsylvania throughout the month of May. These projects are part of the Company’s multi-year infrastructure betterment initiative.
These projects will take place with a modified construction schedule in response to the located in the street, which will allow the Company to limit interactions with customers and reduce the need to enter customer homes during the COVID-19 emergency.
The service line renewal process, which requires access to homes and businesses, will be postponed to a later date due to social distancing guidelines. UGI will contact affected residents when service line work is scheduled and access to properties is required.
UGI construction activity re-started on the following projects the week of May 4:
- The 100 block of Diamond Street, the first block of Broderick Street, the 300 block of Main Street, Pettebone Street, and Kirby Street in Luzerne Borough;
- The 900-1100 blocks of Sanderson Avenue, the 100 block of Green Place, the first block of Amity Court, the 800-900 blocks of Capouse Avenue, the 300-400 blocks of Phelps Street, the 900 block of Washington Avenue, the 100-700 blocks of Ash Street, and Spellman Court in Scranton.
- The 100-400 blocks of 10th Avenue, the 1000 block of Scranton Street, the 900 block of Fellows Street, the 300-400 blocks of Aswell Court, the 900-1000 blocks of Oxford Street, the 900 block of Luzerne Street, and the 200-300 blocks of Edwards Court.
- The 100 block of Sawkill Avenue, the 100 block of Broad Street, the 100 block of West Hartford Street, and the 100 block of Wyckoff Lane in Milford Borough.
UGI construction activity will re-start on the following projects the week of May 11:
- The 700 – 1000 blocks of Miller Street and the 300 block of Main Street in Luzerne Borough;
- The first and 100 blocks of East Merritt Street in Plains Township;
- The first block of Sterling Avenue in Dallas Township;
- The 100 block of Pear Alley, the 200 block of Front Street, the 200 block of 3rd Street, and the 200 block of 4th Street in Milford Borough.
UGI will perform all work with enhanced safety protocols consistent with orders issued by the Wolf Administration.
Construction work will typically occur between the hours of 7 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday. There may be extended weekday and Saturday construction hours if conditions permit.
During construction, residents will experience traffic delays and road closures. Parking also will be restricted on those blocks during construction hours. Flaggers will direct traffic during construction.
UGI Utilities, Inc. is a natural gas and electric utility company that serves more than 700,000 customers. Additional information about UGI Utilities, Inc. is available at www.ugi.com. Follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/ugiutilities or Twitter: www.twitter.com/ugi_utilities.