UGI Announces Re-start of Reading Construction Projects, May 2020
05 May 2020
UGI Utilities, Inc. will re-start a number of natural gas main replacement projects in the City of Reading throughout the month of May. These projects are part of the Company’s multi-year infrastructure betterment initiative.
These projects will take place with a modified construction schedule in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. At this time, UGI construction will focus on replacing gas mains located in the street, which will allow the Company to limit interactions with customers and reduce the need to enter customer homes during the COVID-19 emergency.
The service line renewal process, which requires access to homes and businesses, will be postponed to a later date due to social distancing guidelines. UGI will contact affected residents when service line work is scheduled and access to properties is required.
UGI construction activity will re-start on the following projects the week of May 4:
- The 1200-1600 blocks of North 12th Street and the1100-1200 blocks of Marion Street;
- The 100-200 blocks of Greenwich Street.
UGI construction activity will re-start the following projects the week of May 11:
- The 1600-1800 blocks of Hampden Boulevard;
- Apple Alley from Franklin Street to Cherry Street and the 200 block of Cherry Street.
- The 500-700 blocks of Weiser Street, the 500-600 blocks of McKnight Street, the 100 block of Greenwich Street, and the 100 block of Oley Street.
- The 300-400 blocks of Pine Street, the 300 block of Sunset Road, and the 400 block of 3rd
UGI construction activity will re-start the following projects the week of May 18:
- The 800-1100 blocks of Locust Street.
UGI will perform all work with enhanced safety protocols consistent with orders issued by the Wolf Administration.
Construction work will typically occur between the hours of 7 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday. There may be extended weekday and Saturday construction hours if conditions permit.
During construction, residents will experience traffic delays and road closures. Parking also will be restricted on those blocks during construction hours. Flaggers will direct traffic during construction.
UGI Utilities, Inc. is a natural gas and electric utility company that serves more than 700,000 customers. Additional information about UGI Utilities, Inc. is available at www.ugi.com. Follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/ugiutilities or Twitter: www.twitter.com/ugi_utilities.