UGI Announces Williamsport Construction Project August 2020
10 Aug 2020
UGI Utilities, Inc. has begun a natural gas main replacement project in the City of Williamsport. This project is part of the Company’s multi-year infrastructure betterment initiative.
The project involves the following streets:
- Hawthorne Avenue from Walnut Street to First Avenue
- Rural Avenue from First Avenue to Sixth Avenue
- Louisa Street from Fifth Avenue to Sixth Avenue
- Fifth Avenue from Rural Avenue to Park Avenue
- Vallamont Drive from Fifth Avenue to Vernon Avenue
- Northwest Vallamont Drive to Vallamont Drive
- Hollywood Circle from Fifth Avenue to First Avenue
- First Avenue from Rural Avenue to Hawthorne Avenue
More than 11,500 feet of non-contemporary main will be replaced. This project will also renew gas service lines to 165 homes and businesses. The project is expected to be completed by early October.
Construction work will typically occur between the hours of 7 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Saturday. During construction, residents will experience traffic delays and road closures. Parking also will be restricted on those blocks during construction hours. Flaggers will direct traffic during construction.
UGI Utilities, Inc. is a natural gas and electric utility company that serves more than 700,000 customers. Additional information about UGI Utilities, Inc. is available at www.ugi.com. Follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/ugiutilities or Twitter: www.twitter.com/ugi_utilities.