UGI Electric Division Working to Restore Customers
08 Jul 2014
Nearly 15,000 customers of UGI Utilities – Electric Division lost power this evening due to a series of severe storms that affected the area. UGI has all available crews responding to storm-related service outages.
Additional information on electric outages can be found at www.ugi.com/outages.
If you are a residential customer with special needs and have an emergency, please contact your regional 911 center. Special needs customers calling UGI to report an outage should identify themselves to the customer service representative. UGI can provide information to assist you in connecting to your local 911 center. You can contact UGI at (800) 276.2722.
If you use a generator during an outage, please make sure it is used safely by following the manufacturer’s instructions on proper venting and operation.
UGI also recommends customers prepare for an emergency by creating an emergency outage kit, including the following items:
- Flashlights and fresh batteries (use battery powered flashlights and lanterns rather than candles to minimize the risk of fire)
- battery-powered radio or television and extra batteries
- land line phone with cord (Cordless phones require electricity to operate)
- battery-powered or windup alarm clock; a supply of bottled water (one gallon per person per day)
- non-perishable foods that require no heating
- hand-operated can opener
- blankets, bedding, or sleeping bags and a change of clothes
- First Aid Kit and prescription medications
- special items for infants, the elderly or family members with special needs
- pet supplies
- extra set of car keys and house keys
- Emergency Services and UGI telephone numbers.
Additional updates will be available on an ongoing basis at www.ugi.com/outages; on Facebook at www.facebook.com/ugiutilities; Twitter at www.twitter.com/ugi_utilities. For those who do not have Internet access, updates and news will also be provided to local media outlets, including newspapers and radio. If you would like to sign up to receive e-mail messages regarding power outages and restoration updates, please go to www.ugi.com/outages and click on “UGI Electric Customers” under “Sign up for Outage Updates via E-mail.” Next, enter your name and e-mail, and click submit. Please note: Customers and non-customers alike can use this service.
UGI Utilities – Electric Division serves 62,000 customers in portions of Luzerne and Wyoming counties. Additional information about UGI’s Electric Division is available online at www.ugi.com.
# # #