UGI Employees Demonstrate the Spirit of Giving during Holiday Season
20 Dec 2021
Truly demonstrating their holiday spirit of goodwill, UGI employees across Pennsylvania supported community organizations in providing food, clothing, and gifts to children and others in need.
- Toys for Tots – UGI employees participated in a number of local Toys for Tots campaign. The program, sponsored by the U.S. Marines, helps to bring the joy of Christmas and send a message of hope to America’s less fortunate children.
- Wreaths Across America – Each December on National Wreaths Across America Day, the Wreaths Across America organization’s mission to “Remember, Honor, and Teach” is carried out by coordinating wreath-laying ceremonies at Arlington National Cemetery, as well as at more than 2,100 locations in all 50 states, at sea, and abroad. This year’s wreath laying event was held on December 18. UGI employees participated in events at Cedar Hill Memorial Park, Allentown; Fort Indiantown Gap, Annville; Forest Hills Memorial Park, Reading; and Wellsboro Cemetery.
- Coats for Kids – UGI sponsored WGAL (Lancaster) Channel 8’s Annual Coats for Kids telethon to benefit the Salvation Army from December 6 through 10. Donations made to the telethon helped supply new coats to children in Central Pennsylvania. The telethon raised over $125,000, providing more than 1,100 children with new coats.
- Holiday Hope Chests – In the Lehigh Valley, UGI employees filled shoe boxes with new toys and gifts for children in the community. This program supported regional nonprofit partners who assist youth in the community through their programs and services.
- Salvation Army Angel Tree – Throughout UGI’s service area, employees bought and wrapped gifts for children in need. The Angel Tree program provides gifts for hundreds of thousands of children throughout the United States and Canada each year.
- The Greater Pittston Santa Squad – UGI employees donated toys to the Greater Pittston Santa Squad drive to benefit children in need. The Santa Squad, founded in 2018, is a non-profit organization that hosts toy drives throughout November to brighten the lives of children and families throughout the region on Christmas. Based on overwhelming community generosity, the Santa Squad estimates a thousand children were helped.
- Olivet Boys and Girls Center for the Arts Club Holiday Treat Bags – Employees donated items for treat bags which were delivered by Santa (UGI employee Jim Rhodenizer) and employees on Tuesday, December 14.
- Neighborhood Santa Program through REAL Life Community Services – More than 150 children from the Cocalico School District and the Ephrata Area School District were served through this program. UGI employees donated stocking stuffer items to supplement the gifts given to the children in their Santa gift bags
UGI Utilities’ headquarters is located in Denver, Pennsylvania. The utility serves more than 730,000 natural gas and electric customers in 45 counties in Pennsylvania and one county in Maryland. Additional information about UGI is available at www.ugi.com, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/ugiutilities or on Twitter at www.twitter.com/ugi_utilities