Employees of UGI Utilities, Inc. recently conducted a company-wide drive to collect sports, athletic gear, and snacks to donate to a number of non-profit organizations across UGI’s 45-county Pennsylvania service territory. Among the organizations receiving donations are:
- Avenues, Pottsville, a human service organization that provides services to individuals with developmental and/or acquired disabilities
- Olivet Boys & Girls Club, Reading, Boys & Girls Club of Lancaster and the Boys & Girls Club of Northeastern Pennsylvania, who provide young people most in need with a safe, fun and positive environment.
- Lower Anthracite Region United Way, Shamokin, working in conjunction with the Shamokin School District.
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Bridge, Monroe County and Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Twin Tiers, Bradford, Sullivan and Tioga Counties who make meaningful, monitored matches between adult volunteers and children ages 6 through 18, in counties across Pennsylvania and the country.
- In Your Shoes, Lock Haven, a project that promotes physical fitness, teamwork, volunteerism & leadership through extracurricular sports and activities for children in Clinton County, PA.
- Firetree Place, Williamsport, a community center focused on building a stronger community through education, recreation, art, and social programs for Williamsport and Lycoming County families.
- Southside Elementary Backpack Program, Huntingdon, a free program that provides kid-friendly, non-perishable meals over the weekend for students most in-need.
- YMCA Camp Curtin, Harrisburg, and Waynesboro YMCA, part of the nationwide community-based organization founded in 1844 to provide recreational and fitness programs for individuals of all ages.
“UGI employees have a long history of engagement in the communities where we live and work,” Keith Dorman, vice president of communications and community relations, said. “This employee-driven effort in communities across our service territory to assist local youth is an example of that commitment.”
UGI Utilities is a natural gas and electric utility with headquarters in Reading, Pennsylvania. UGI serves more than 690,000 customers in 45 Pennsylvania counties and one county in Maryland. Customers and community members are invited to visit the UGI website at www.ugi.com; our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/ugiutilities; or follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/ugi_utilities.
Shamokin employees Luke Dietrich, Vinnie Macaluso and Dave Schweitzer prepare to deliver donations to the Lower Anthracite Region United Way
UGI employees in Middletown display donations collected for YMCA Camp Curtin
UGI employees present athletic and sports equipment to youth at the Olivet Boys & Girls Club, Reading