Approximately 560 homes in South Bethlehem are experiencing an interruption in their natural gas service.
The area affected by this outage includes the following streets:
- 600-700 blocks of Williams Street
- 1400-1500 blocks of E. 5th Street
- 1200-1600 blocks of E. 6th Street
- 1300-1500 blocks of E. 7th Street
- 1300-1600 blocks of E. 8th Street
- 1500-1600 blocks of E. 9th Street
- 600-700 blocks of Aaron Street
- 800-900 blocks of Argus Street/Court
- 1400 block of James Street
- 600 block of John Street
- 1700-1900 blocks of Lynfield Drive/Court
- 600-800 and 1300 blocks of Lynn Ave
- 1800 block of Oberly Street
- 1400 block of Philip Street
UGI is working as quickly as possible to resolve this situation and restore service.
UGI natural gas service customers in the South Bethlehem areas who are affected by this outage do not need to call UGI to report an outage. However, customers who smell gas should immediately call UGI at 1-800-276-2722.
In order to complete repairs and restore service to the area, UGI needs to turn off natural gas service at each individual home. In cases where there is an outdoor meter or service valve, UGI will shut off natural gas at that point. If UGI needs to enter a home to shut off natural gas and the homeowner is not present, UGI personnel will be assisted by fire, police and other emergency personnel to enter the premises. UGI requests that residents with inside meters remain home if possible to allow access to the meter.
Once natural gas service is restored, UGI will need to enter all homes affected to turn on natural gas service and re-light appliances. Under no circumstances should a customer attempt to turn on their natural gas service.
Customers need to be aware that someone must be home for UGI to restore natural gas service to their residence. UGI service crews will be in the area and going door-to-door in the South Bethlehem community to restore service to customers.
Customers can call UGI at 1-800-276-2722 for additional information of restoration of natural gas service to their property.