Reading, PA (Sept. 22, 2011) – UGI Utilities, Inc., is donating $100,000 to community service agencies across the Susquehanna Valley to assist those affected by Tropical Storms Irene and Lee, Robert F. Beard, President and CEO, announced today.
Specifically, UGI is contributing:
- $25,000 to the United Way of Wyoming Valley
- $20,000 to the American Red Cross – Bloomsburg Chapter
- $15,000 to the American Red Cross – Wyoming Valley Chapter
- $10,000 to the American Red Cross – Northeast and Northcentral Regional Disaster Services (Wilkes-Barre)
- $7,500 to the American Red Cross, SUN Area Chapter
- $5,000 to the Salvation Army – Wilkes-Barre Corps
- $5,000 to the United Way of Capital Region (Harrisburg) – Flood Recovery Fund
- $5,000 to the American Red Cross of the Susquehanna Valley
- $2,500 to the American Red Cross – Lebanon County Chapter
- $2,500 to the Lycoming County (Williamsport) United Way – Flood Response Fund
- $2,500 to the American Red Cross – Northcentral Chapter
“These storms caused destruction of historic proportions,’’ Beard said. “We hope these contributions will help in the relief effort to restore our communities. We also thank our customers for their understanding and patience while our employees worked tirelessly to make the necessary repairs and restoration.’’
UGI Utilities, Inc. has headquarters in Reading and serves nearly 630,000 customers in northern, central and eastern Pennsylvania. Additional information about UGI is available online at www.ugi.com.