Reading, PA – UGI Utilities, Inc. – Electric Division will upgrade a portion of its power distribution system in the Red Rock section of Fairmount Township on Tuesday, November 10. As a result of this work, approximately 55 customers will experience service interruptions between 9:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. that day.
The project is part of UGI’s continued commitment to provide safe and reliable electric service and to upgrade facilities on a proactive basis.
The upgrade work will affect customers in the following areas:
- Mossville Road between James Street and Route 118;
- Old Tioga Turnpike between Freas Road and Rt. 118;
- Rt. 118 between old Tioga Turnpike And County Line Road;
- County Line Road between Rt. 118 and the Sugarloaf Township Line;
- Route 487 between Route 118 and Grandview Trail;
- Hynick Road between Route 487 and Route 118.
While the upgrade work is underway, customers may see their power restored, and then interrupted again as UGI crews perform the upgrade project. All customers should have power restored to normal by 1:30 p.m.
Residents and others driving in the area are asked to proceed with caution through the work area, which will be clearly marked.
In the event of rain or inclement weather, the upgrade project will be completed on Thursday, November 12.
UGI Utilities Electric Division serves approximately 62,000 customers in portions of Luzerne and Wyoming counties. Additional information about UGI’s Electric Division is available online at www.ugi.com.
# # #