Hunlock Creek, PA (June 9, 2014) – UGI Utilities, Inc. – Electric Division will upgrade a portion of its power distribution line system in Hunlock Creek on Wednesday, June 11. The project is part of UGI’s continued commitment to provide safe and reliable electric service and to upgrade facilities on a proactive basis. As a result of this work, customers may experience service interruptions between 9 a.m. and 1 p.m.
The upgrade work will affect customers in the following areas:
- All of Sunset Lake Rd south of intersection with John St.
- All of John St. and Church Rd.
- Along Belles Hill Rd. one-half mile south of intersection with Church Rd.
- Along Belles Hill Rd. between Church Rd and Municipal Rd.
- Along Municipal Rd one-quarter mile south east from intersection with Church Rd.
- All of Kolb Lane.
While the upgrade work is underway, customers may see their power restored, and then interrupted again as UGI contractor crews conduct the construction project. All customers should have power restored to normal by 1 p.m.
Residents and others driving in the area are asked to proceed with caution through the work area, which will be clearly marked.
In the event of rain or inclement weather, the conversion will take place on Thursday, June 12.
UGI Utilities Electric Division serves approximately 62,000 customers in portions of Luzerne and Wyoming counties. Additional information about UGI’s Electric Division is available online at www.ugi.com.
# # #