UGI Recognizes Employees During National Volunteer Week
20 Apr 2017
UGI Utilities, Inc., will recognize the commitment of its employees to the community during National Volunteer Week, which runs April 23 through April 29, 2017. The theme of UGI’s celebration is “Everyday Efforts, Extraordinary Impact.”
Over the past year, 591 UGI employees devoted nearly 54,000 hours of volunteer service, benefiting organizations such as Reading Is Fundamental, the United Way, the American Red Cross, Science Explorers, Meals on Wheels, the Animal Rescue League, and multiple local food banks, fire companies, as well as many other local and regional organizations.
UGI will conduct a special company-wide community support initiative during National Volunteer Week. UGI employees will collect and donate sports and athletic gear to a number of non-profit organizations across UGI’s 45 county throughout Pennsylvania service territory. Recipients organizations include Boys & Girls Clubs, local chapters of Big Brothers – Big Sisters, YMCAs and other agencies that conduct programs for children and young adults.
“UGI and its employees have a long history of engagement in the communities where we live and work,” Keith Dorman, director of communications and community relations, said. “From supporting early childhood literacy and STEM education programs to social and emergency services, we are committed to enhancing the quality of life for every resident in the region.”
In addition to the community support initiative, UGI will post information and highlights about Company National Volunteer Week efforts on Facebook (www.facebook.com/ugiutilities), Twitter (@ugi_utilities), and on the UGI blog, “UGI Connection,” (http://blog.ugi.com).
Specific volunteer activities in which UGI employees will participate during National Volunteer Week include:
- On April 21, UGI employees from its South Point, Northumberland, office will be cleaning the playground and spreading mulch at The Salvation Army of Sunbury, 40 South 4th Street, as part of the Greater Susquehanna Valley United Way’s Day of Action.
- UGI will be one of the sponsors of the Girl Scouts Take the Lead celebration to be held at the Sands Event Center, Bethlehem, on Tuesday, April 25.
- UGI employees will take part in a UGI-Reading Is Fundamental book distribution at 10th and Green Elementary, Reading, at 1 p.m. on Wednesday, April 26.
- UGI employees will perform garden work and prepare and serve dinner at Opportunity House, 430 North 2nd Street, Reading, starting at 2 p.m. on Wednesday, April 26.
- A UGI-RIF distribution will be held at Palmer Elementary, 3050 Green Pond Lane, Easton, on Thursday, April 27 beginning at 9 a.m.
- On Friday, April 28, UGI-RIF distribution will be held at two locations: Wyomissing Hills Elementary, 110 Woodland Road, on Friday, April 28 at 9 a.m. and at Lewistown Elementary, 1 Manor Drive, at 8:30 a.m. and again at 12:25 p.m.
- UGI employees will assist at a Science Explorers workshop at King Elementary, 466 Rockland Street, Lancaster, at 10 a.m. on Friday, April 28. The hands-on workshop, “Matter Monsters,” will be presented to fourth-grade students.
- UGI employees will build raised beds at the Lehigh office, 2121 City Line Road, Bethlehem beginning at noon on Friday, April 28 for the Community Bike Works garden at Mosser Village, Allentown.
UGI serves approximately 690,000 natural gas and electric customers in 44 counties in Pennsylvania and one county in Maryland.