Emergency Information
Have an Emergency?

Smell gas or have a power outage?

Please call us at


UGI to Begin Restoring Service to Wilkes-Barre Customers

25 Dec 2015

UGI has completed repairs to its damaged natural gas main and will begin the process of restoring service to Wilkes Barre customers in the Stanton Street area. Approximately 45 UGI technicians are working in the Stanton Street area restoring service to individual homes. UGI crews will work through the remainder of the evening to restore service to customers.

Earlier this evening, residents were informed by the Wilkes Barre Fire Department that they could return to their homes following the capping of the damaged natural gas main and the restoration of electric service.

UGI is sorry for the inconvenience caused by this incident. We thank all affected customers for their continuing patience and understanding as the Company works to restore service.

UGI extends a special thank you to the Wilkes-Barre Fire Department and Fire Chief Jay Delaney for their ongoing support, cooperation and leadership.

UGI reminds customers in the affected area that Company crews will need to gain access to affected homes to restore natural gas service. Customers who cannot be home and need to communicate special access instructions to UGI, are asked to call UGI’s Call Center at 1-800-276-2722. UGI crews will be available to perform relights for customers through the day on December 25th.

UGI also reminds customers within the incident area that under no circumstances should they attempt to turn on their natural gas service on their own. Customers are reminded that if they smell gas they should immediately leave the building and call UGI at 1-800-276-2722 from a safe location.