UGI to Hold Energy Assistance Event in Wilkes-Barre
14 Nov 2019
UGI Utilities, Inc. (UGI) will hold an energy assistance event at its office at 511 E. Northampton Street, Wilkes Barre, PA on Friday, November 15 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
At this free event, UGI representatives will be present to answer questions, determine program eligibility, and assist customers in applying for assistance. Customers are asked to bring the following to the event:
- UGI Bill;
- Proof of Identification;
- Income and Income Sources for All Members of the Household.
Programs for which income-eligible customers may qualify include:
- Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP), a federally-funded grant program that helps customers with limited or fixed incomes pay their heating bills, repair or replace a heater, avoid utility service shut off, and assist in restoring a terminated service. A family of four with an income of $38,625 or less may qualify for LIHEAP.
- UGI’s Customer Assistance Program (CAP), which offers qualifying income-eligible customers a more manageable monthly energy bill. UGI provides CAP participants with a monthly payment amount based on gross income, household size and energy usage.
- The Low Income Usage Reduction Program, or Weatherization, offers free installation of energy conservation measures to low-income households to help make energy bills more affordable. Possible energy saving measures include ceiling insulation; floor, duct and hot water pipe insulation; caulking and weather-stripping, gas heater repairs and water flow restrictors.
- The Operation Share Energy Fund provides energy assistance grants to qualifying customers who experience difficulty paying their heating bills. This community-based program is funded by a corporate donation by UGI as well as voluntary donations from UGI employees, UGI customers and concerned citizens.
- C.A.R.E.S. (Customer Assistance and Referral Evaluation Service) can provide referrals to other helpful programs in the community. These programs can include LIHEAP, budget counseling, and State Weatherization or Office of Aging programs.
More information about the event is available at www.ugi.com/assistanceevents.
UGI is a natural gas and electric utility company that serves more than 700,000 customers. Additional information about UGI Utilities is available at www.ugi.com. Follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/ugiutilities or Twitter: www.twitter.com/ugi_utilities.