UGI Utilities, Inc. And Women, Minority and Disabled-owned Businesses Working Together
UGI Corporation Overview:
UGI Corporation is a holding company based in Valley Forge, Pennsylvania. UGI has two principal subsidiaries: UGI Utilities, Inc., a gas and electric utility serving customers in 45 counties in Pennsylvania and one county in Maryland; and AmeriGas Propane, Inc., the largest propane marketer in the U.S.
UGI Utilities Inc.: Procurement Philosophy
It is not the policy of UGI Utilities, Inc. to “set aside” a percentage of the goods and services purchased, for minority-owned, women-owned firms. Instead, we will be including bid(s) whenever possible from minority firms when purchasing goods and services over $1,000.00.
Supplier Diversity Goals:
- Identify new opportunities for minority-owned, women-owned, and disabled-owned firms to participate in supplying goods and services to UGI Utilities, Inc.
- Help minority-owned, women-owned, and disabled-owned firms to establish a mutually sound business relationship with UGI Utilities, Inc.
- Consolidate goods and services to minority-owned, women-owned, and disabled-owned firms where competitive prices and availability allow.
- A minority-owned, women-owned, and disabled-owned database is maintained and updated to better allow all goals to be met.
Supplier Diversity Definitions:
- Minority-owned – At least 51 % owned and operated by one or more of the following groups: Black, Hispanic, Asian or Native American.
- Woman-owned – At least 51 % owned and operated by a woman.
- Disabled-Owned – As defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act or agencies employing 51 % or more disabled persons.
UGI Organization lnvolvement:
UGI Utilities, Inc is a member of and regularly attends the meetings of NAPM, Minority Business Development Group.
The following is a non-prioritized list of expectations UGI requires of all vendors with whom we do business.
- Availability / Delivery / Turn-Around Time
- Vendor Capabilities
- Response Time to Inquiries
- Vendor Resources
- Vendor Tracking Record