Your Rights as a Utility Customer
Important Message for UGI Utilities, Inc. Customers:
“Your Rights and Responsibilities as a Utility Consumer” is a booklet prepared by the Pennsylvania Public Utility Commission (PUC) to provide Standards and Billing Practices for Residential Service. This booklet explains the rules regarding a utility’s billing, credit, dispute handling, and shutoff practices.
This useful booklet also includes information about: various payment options for your utility bill; understanding the components of your utility bill; policies regarding security deposits; steps and rules about utility shutoffs; and how to shop for electricity or natural gas. Click here to review or print a copy of the Rights and Responsibilities booklet.
UGI Utilities, Inc. will continue to provide you with safe and reliable utility service, clear and concise bills and fair policies. You, the consumer, should know your rights and fulfill your responsibilities to maintain your service.
As a residential utility customer, you have the RIGHT:
- to safe and reliable service
- to a clear, precise and accurate bill
- to fair credit and deposit policies
- to know how your bill is calculated and how to tell if it is too high
- to question or disagree with your utility
- to personal privacy
- UGI has the responsibility of safeguarding our personal information against unauthorized use.