A Significant Partnership Spanning the Commonwealth
UGI’s partnership with United Way spans the Commonwealth and represents a significant commitment on the part of both UGI and its employees.
UGI employees freely give both their time and resources to this national system of volunteers, contributors and local charities helping people in their own communities.
During UGI’s 2020 United Way campaign, pledges to United Way organizations in our service area consists of $353,337 from UGI Employees, $11,070 from UGI Retirees and $187,330 from UGI Utilities, Inc. – totaling $551,737.
- Cleared weeds from the garden beds and the rain garden, which filters debris from rainwater heading to the creek at Brodhead Watershed Association in East Stroudsburg
- Removed the existing park sign and built, painted, and installed a new sign at Mifflin County Youth Park in Reedsville
- Painted a wall at the Habitat for Humanity Lehigh Valley ReStore in Whitehall
- Packed bookbags for students, prepared the gym for students by sanitizing desks and separating them six feet apart at the Olivet Boys and Girls Oakbrook Club in Reading. Additionally, employees helped with landscaping and repainting the building’s exterior.
- Employees sorted books at the Ephrata Public Library in preparation for the library’s “drive through” book sale
- Provided clean-up in “Nature’s Classroom” at the Community Action Partnership of Lancaster County
- Participated in the “Stuff the Bus” event by purchasing school supplies from the United Way of Capital Region’s Amazon Wish List.
- Participated in “COVID Can’t beat Caring” coordinated by the United Way of Wyoming Valley by performing individual acts of kindness