A Significant Partnership Spanning the Commonwealth
UGI’s partnership with United Way spans the Commonwealth and represents a significant commitment on the part of both UGI and its employees.
UGI employees freely give both their time and resources to this national system of volunteers, contributors and local charities helping people in their own communities.
- Cleaned-up a playground and spread mulch in the garden at the Salvation Army in Sunbury.
- Performed clean-up and maintenance work at the Jewish Community Center Day Camp in Dallas and the Rock Rec Sports Complex, Trucksville.
- Did spring maintenance and planted flower beds at The Francis Leiter Center, Chambersburg.
- Stacked, sorted, and placed books by genre in preparation for Wilson College’s Book Fair to benefit Franklin County Legal Services.
- Performed outdoor maintenance at Avenues Foundation in Pottsville.
- Worked in Habitat for Humanity retail stores. Volunteers cleaned incoming donations, moved items into the storeroom where they could be put on sale, stocked and rearranged parts of the retail space, and put together light fixtures for display.
- Participated in the Nolde Forest Environmental Education Center “Prep the Park Day.” Volunteers cleaned the picnic area, restored bird nest boxes, cleared a storm drain, placed rocks around a garden bed, trimmed overhanging trees along the trail, and cleared vines, plants and debris.
- Participated in the American Red Cross’ Sound the Alarm installation event. UGI employees were among the 180 volunteers that installed over 1,000 smoke alarms throughout homes in the Harrisburg area.
Read more about UGI’s participation in United Way activities.