A Significant Partnership Spanning the Commonwealth
UGI’s partnership with United Way spans the Commonwealth and represents a significant commitment on the part of both UGI and its employees.
UGI employees freely give both their time and resources to this national system of volunteers, contributors and local charities helping people in their own communities.
During UGI’s 2021 United Way campaign, pledges to United Way organizations in our service area consists of $339,269 from UGI Employees and $10,620 from UGI Retirees – totaling $349,889.
- sorted coats and housewares for veterans in need at Valor Clinic in Kunkletown
- disassembled the PA CareerLink professional clothing closet and bagged all items for a Salvation Army pick-up in Lancaster
- priced items for the sales floor, and did a bit of placing priced items on the sales floor later in the morning at the ReUzit Store in Ephrata
- participated in the American Red Cross Home Fire Campaign to install smoke detectors and provide fire safety information in Shamokin
- performed outdoor work at Glenside Elementary School in Reading
- built raised garden beds at NuVisions Center in Lewistown
- assembled over 50 Kuranda dog beds at the SPCA in Wilkes-Barre
- helped with the annual clean-up project at the Wyoming Valley Children’s Association in Forty Fort
- completed outdoor projects for two senior community members in Huntingdon
- updated the teacher breakroom at Lincoln Elementary School in Bethlehem
- raked leaves at Renfrew Museum & Park in Waynesboro
- participated in the virtual school supplies collection for the United Way of the Capital Region