A Significant Partnership Spanning the Commonwealth
UGI’s partnership with United Way spans the Commonwealth and represents a significant commitment on the part of both UGI and its employees.
UGI employees freely give both their time and resources to this national system of volunteers, contributors and local charities helping people in their own communities.
The pledge for 2020 UGI Contributions to United Way organizations in our service area consists of $357,203 from UGI Employees, $14,175 from UGI Retirees and $162,330 from UGI Utilities, Inc. – totaling in $533,708.
- Performed various clean-up activities and general maintenance at the Kidsgrove Playground in Selinsgrove.
- Performed landscaping and cleaning at the Anthracite Museum, Scranton; and Mill Memorial Library, Nanticoke.
- Performed landscaping and outdoor maintenance at Wyoming Valley Children’s Association, Forty Fort; and Blue Chip Animal Refuge, Dallas.
- Performed landscaping, painting, and maintenance at the Jewish Community Alliance JCC Camp in Dallas.
- Painted at the Lackawanna Blind Association in Scranton.
- Gardened, painted and performed general housekeeping at the Telespond Senior Center in Clarks Summit.
- Cleaned-up litter in the Allison Hill neighborhood of Harrisburg.
- Hung and priced clothing, as well as sorted and organized books at the Re-Uzit Shop in New Holland.
- Painted, cleaned, and performed general maintenance at the Occupational Development Center in Lancaster.
- Installed free smoke detectors and provided to residents in partnership with local American Red Cross Chapters in Reading and Saltillo.
- Painted and repaired bleachers at the Mifflin County Youth Park in Reedsville.
- Performed landscaping and outdoor maintenance at the Greencastle High Line Train Station, Greencastle.
- Built a boardwalk, as well as performed landscaping and general maintenance at the Kurmes Nature Preserve, Paradise Township.
- Performed landscaping at the Salvation Army in Allentown.