Growth Extension Tariff
Making Natural Gas More Available and Affordable
The UGI Growth Extension Tariff (GET) is an innovative pilot program designed to provide natural gas service to regions without access today. The pilot program is available to homeowners and businesses within our Gas Division.
New Program Updates
In 2019, the Pennsylvania Public Utility Commission (PUC) approved UGI’s request to continue to provide affordable natural gas access to select qualifying neighborhoods by extending the GET Gas program another five years and reducing GET Gas Rider Rates for most UGI customers. New customers receiving service by connections to UGI-designated GET Gas facilities will be subject to the unified GET Gas Rider Rate shown below effective immediately.
- Residential Customers – $29 monthly fixed charge OR one-time upfront payment of $2,158.09
- Commercial Customers – $20.03 monthly fixed charge + $1.87 per Mcf for all usage for 120 months OR custom one-time upfront payment
How GET Gas works
GET Gas makes extending natural gas utility lines to your property more affordable. Customers pay a monthly surcharge over a 10-year-period to cover the cost of the main and service extension rather than making a substantial up-front contribution. Plus, the typical GET Gas customer will be able to use a portion of the savings generated from converting to natural gas to significantly offset the surcharge.
If you have looked at natural gas service in the past and it was not affordable, GET Gas may be an alternative for you. Since GET Gas is a pilot program, UGI will not be able to reach all areas or communities that are potential candidates for GET Gas. And, not all areas qualify for the pilot program.
Some factors that are considered for GET Gas qualification include:
- Proximity to existing gas mains
- Housing and business density
- Percentage of households and businesses likely to convert to natural gas
- Road restoration and permitting fees
- Funding available under the pilot program