Be Disaster-Ready During National Preparedness Month
06 Sep 2022
This year’s National Preparedness Month’s theme is “A Lasting Legacy.” The life you’ve built is worth protecting. Prepare for disasters to create a lasting legacy for you and your family.
Here are some tips to help you prepare for an emergency:
- MAKE A PLAN. Talk to your friends and family about how you will communicate before, during, and after a disaster.
- BUILD A KIT. Gather supplies and create kits for work, home and vehicle. Consider unique needs for each person or pet. Kits can include flashlights, batteries, cash and first aid supplies.
- PREPARE FOR DISASTERS. Know the risk of disasters in your area and check your insurance coverage.
- TEACH YOUTH ABOUT PREPAREDNESS. Talk to your kids about preparing for emergencies and what to do in case you are separated.
- CREATE AN EMERGENCY CONTACT LIST. Write down names and phone numbers for everyone in your household, as well as someone who might be outside of your community or state who could help your household reconnect. Also include your utility providers should you have an outage. UGI’s phone number for emergencies is 800-276-2722.
For more information or a list of items to put in your emergency kit, visit www.ugi.com/BePrepared.