Get Help with Your Energy Bills
09 Mar 2021
Don’t get left out in the cold. UGI is here to help! UGI is committed to helping customers in need who make a sincere effort to pay their energy bills through a variety of customer assistance programs. Here are some ways in which we can help eligible customers pay their winter heating bills:
- Operation Share Energy Fund provides energy assistance grants to qualified customers who have trouble paying their heating bills. This community-based nonprofit program is funded by voluntary donations from UGI employees, customers and concerned citizens.
- Customer Assistance and Referral Evaluation Services (CARES) provides referrals to other helpful programs in the community. These programs can include LIHEAP, budget counseling, State Weatherization, or Office of Aging programs.
- Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) helps income-eligible customers pay their bills through energy assistance grants. For customers who are eligible to receive a LIHEAP cash grant, a payment is sent directly to UGI and credited to their account.
- Low Income Usage Reduction Program (LIURP) offers free energy conservation measures to high usage, low income households to
help make energy bills more affordable.
- UGI’s Customer Assistance Program (CAP) offers qualified, income-eligible customers a more manageable monthly energy bill based on income, household size and average bill.
For a full list of eligibility requirements and to apply for a program, visit www.ugi.com/assistance.