Halloween Safety Tips
30 Oct 2018
Trick or Treat Nights are here! As you prepare your children to go door-to-door collecting goodies, keep these safety tips in mind:
- Use reflective tape on costumes and treat bags, or give your children glow sticks
- Avoid masks that can obstruct vision, and instead use face paint/makeup
- Make sure costumes are the right size to prevent trips and falls on a bulky costume
- Make sure your children are with a responsible adult and plan a familiar route in well-lit areas
- Instruct your children not to eat any treats until they return home
- Children and adults should put electronic devices down and walk, don’t run, across streets
- Cross streets at corners, using traffic signals and crosswalks
- Always walk on sidewalks or paths
- If you’re driving on Halloween, watch for children on roadways and sidewalks
- Enter and exit driveways and alleys carefully
- Slow down and be alert in residential neighborhoods
For more safety tips, visit www.ugi.com/safety.
Be safe & have a Happy Halloween!