National Energy Awareness Month
03 Oct 2023
October is National Energy Awareness Month, which aims to raise awareness of the importance of sustainably managing our nation’s energy resources. Investing in energy efficiency now can save you both energy and money in the months and years to come.
At UGI, many things matter to us, especially our customers, employees, families, and our environment. By promoting energy efficiency, we are doing our part to make sure that the world our customers, employees, and families live in continues to thrive. UGI provides generous electric rebates and programs that reward investing in energy efficient systems.
Here are a few fast and easy energy-saving tips for you to use at home:
- Replace traditional incandescent bulbs with LEDs, which last up to 15 times longer.
- Use a power strip for electronics and unplug or turn it off when your devices are not in use.
- Lower the temperature on your thermostat by approximately 10-15 degrees if you are going to be out for more than a few hours.
- Run full loads of dishes to maximize your dishwasher’s efficiency and reduce overall consumption.
- Replace old appliances with energy-efficient models carrying the ENERGY STAR® label.
Let us help you become more energy efficient and save money by participating in the UGI Save Smart Rebate Program. To find out how you can save money through the installation of energy efficient equipment, visit www.ugi.com/rebates-for-home/electric.