Looking to start, stop, or transfer natural gas or electric service? Submit an online request form.
Emergency Information
Have an Emergency?

Smell gas or have a power outage?

Please call us at


Stay Safe this Winter Season

03 Nov 2023


When a power outage impacts customers in the UGI service territory, our crews focus on restoring power as quickly and safely as possible.

During outages, please keep these safety tips in mind:

  • Never touch a downed power line. Contact with a power line or object it is touching can result in serious injury or death.
  • Turn off all lights and faucets and unplug appliances.
  • Never use a gas-powered range or oven to heat a home.
  • Use flashlights instead of candles to prevent the risk of fire.

To report power outages or downed power lines, call UGI at 800-276-2722. For more safety information, visit https://www.ugi.com/electric-safety/.



Carbon monoxide (CO) is an odorless, colorless, toxic gas produced by incomplete burning of fuels. CO can be caused by malfunctioning heating appliances as well as damaged or blocked vents and chimneys. UGI urges you to take several simple steps to prevent a build-up of CO inside your home this winter heating season.

  • Ensure smoke and CO detectors are in working order and appropriately located within your home.
  • Have a professional check your furnace, water heater, and other internal combustion appliances to ensure they are operating safely.
  • Change or clean furnace filters regularly.
  • Check your chimney or flue for damage or corrosion.
  • Check that combustion air vents are unobstructed.

CO poisoning is serious and can be fatal. Symptoms of CO poisoning include flu-like symptoms such as headache, nausea, dizziness, and fatigue. Individuals who think they might be experiencing symptoms of CO poisoning should immediately seek fresh air and prompt medical attention.

For more information on CO, visit https://www.ugi.com/natural-gas-safety/carbon-monoxide.