UGI’s partnership with United Way spans the Commonwealth and represents a significant commitment on the part of both UGI and its employees.
UGI employees freely give both their time and resources to this national system of volunteers, contributors, and local charities helping people in their own communities.
As a further commitment, UGI employees also participated in United Way Day of Caring activities across the service area. For example, UGI employees:
- Restored a decades-old boardwalk through marshy wetlands at the Wildlands Conservancy in Lehigh Valley.
- Provided spackling, painting, general maintenance, and landscaping at Berks Encore, a nonprofit organization serving older adults and seniors in Berks County.
- Added a fresh coat of paint at the Hidden Valley Scout Reservation in Loysville, Perry County, along with cutting and stacking firewood for future campfires at the scout camp.
- Performed lawn maintenance and landscaping for senior citizens in Broad Top, Huntingdon County.
- Completed a fresh seal coating for driveways at the Skills Community Home in Lewistown, Miﬄ in County.
- Trimmed trees and refreshed landscaping at Behavior Health Development Services near Lancaster.
- Cleared, weeded, and repaired flower beds, as well as labeled library books according to reading level, and helped students with a library assignment at Tyson Schoener Elementary School