COVID-19 Business Resources
UGI understands that your business relies on normal operation to maintain payroll, insurance, and utilities to name a few. The UGI Business support team continues to work diligently to gather information we know our business customers need.
Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security (CARES) Act & Financial Assistance for Business
The information is from a variety of sources, and as you know, this content changes frequently. We recommend checking with your accountant, financial institution or one of the organizations referenced below if you have questions or concerns about the available assistance programs offered as a result of the Corona Aid, Relief and Economic Security (CARES) Act.
Economic Injury Disaster Loans (EIDL)
- Advance on loan up to $10,000
- Program provides working capital of up to $2 million; funds available within three days of successful application
- No need to repay the loan
- Economic Injury Disaster Emergency Loan Advance Website
Small Business Administration Debt Relief
- Provides a reprieve to small businesses as they overcome challenges created by the current health crisis
- SBA will pay principal and interest of new 7(a) loans issued prior to September 27, 2020
- SBA will pay principal and interest of current 7(a) loans for period of six months
- SBA Debt Relief Website
Small Business Administration Express Bridge
- Small businesses with an existing relationship with an SBA Express Lender may access up to $25,000 with less paperwork
- Businesses waiting for Economic Injury Disaster Loan disbursement may qualify for this loan
- Loan will be repaid in full or in part by proceeds from EIDL loan
- SBA Express Bridge Loans Website
Additional Tax-Related Help
- New Employee Retention Tax Credit is for employers who are closed, partially closed, or experiencing significant revenue losses as a result of COVID-19. Employers who receive a Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) loan are not eligible for the tax credit. Available for private employers, including non-profits, meeting specific eligibility criteria.
- Deferral of Payroll Taxes
- Expanded Unemployment Insurance
- Immediate Tax Credits for FFCRA Leave
Save Small Business Fund
- Provides $5,000 in short-term relief
- Employer criteria includes:
- Between 3 and 20 Employees
- Operating in one of a select group of economically vulnerable zip codes
- Has been harmed financially by the COVID-19 pandemic
- Save Small Business Fund Website
- The Berks County Small Business New Start Grant Program
- COVID-19 Hospitality Industry Recovery Program (CHIRP)
- CHIRP provides funding assistance to the hospitality industry adversely affected by the COVID-19 pandemic. Applications are only being accepted online here. Learn more by contacting the Department of Community and Economic Development (DCED) customer service at 800-379-7448, email firstname.lastname@example.org or click here.
Large Commercial and Industrial Accounts
Commercial or industrial businesses with a rate category of DS, LFD, XD or IS that are experiencing financial strain as a direct result of COVID-19 should contact our Large Customer Billing group at LCBgroup@ugi.com or 866-615-0571 to discuss available payment options.
Major Accounts customers can access billing and meter worksheets, invoices, usage history, etc. on UGI’s Transportation Customer Portal.
- U.S. Small Business Administration
- SBA Local Assistance Agency Finder
- Chamber of Commerce:
- U.S. Senator Bob Casey Website
- U.S. Senator Pat Toomey Website
- U.S. Treasury
- PA Public Utility Commission COVID-19 Information
- PA Department of Community & Economic Development