How to Find a Natural Gas Supplier
Make a list of the questions you have for suppliers before you contact them, and be prepared to write the answers down. Make sure the price suppliers quote you are in kWh (kilowatt hours of electricity) or CCB (cubic feet of natural gas) for a true “apples to apples” comparison.
Questions you might ask suppliers include:
- What is your price per kWh of electricity or per CCF of natural gas? (And does this price include transmission and state-mandated alternative energy costs?)
- Is this rate constant or can it change?
- Do I need to sign a contract? What is the length of the agreement?
- Are there penalties for switching or canceling?
- Will I get one bill or two? Do I have a choice?
- Are there restrictions on how much electricity or natural gas I can use or when I can use it?
- UGI’s Price to Compare includes all applicable taxes. Does the supplier’s quoted rates include taxes?
- Are there any other charges or fees?
- What other products or services do you offer?