UGI Employees Demonstrate the Holiday Spirit by Giving Back to the Community
21 Dec 2023
UGI Utilities is proud of our employees’ dedication to the communities in which they live and work. Each year, they generously give their time, talents, and monetary support to help those in need. This holiday season, our employees demonstrated the spirit of giving through 10 donation drives and 6 volunteer events, including the following:
- Members of UGI’s Rates & Supply team collected food items to support the pantry needs of REAL Life Community Services in Denver, PA. These donations provide food security to local residents in need during the holiday season.
- Employees in our North region supported a variety of holiday drives this year. Toys were collected for the Greater Pittston Santa Squad and Toys for Tots. Employees also donated new and gently used coats to the Back Mountain Police Association’s Annual Coat Drive.
- Our employees signed hundreds of holiday cards complete with messages of gratitude for local veterans through the American Red Cross’s “Holidays for Heroes” program. Additional cards were donated to the Lackawanna County Area Agency on Aging to distribute to older adults in our community.
- Employees donated items for treat bags for students at the Olivet Boys and Girls Club Center for the Arts in Reading, PA. Employee volunteers also helped to assemble the treat bags, which were delivered by Santa, portrayed by a recent UGI retiree, at the center’s annual holiday party.
- Each holiday season, the Salvation Army Angel Tree program helps provide Christmas gifts for hundreds of thousands of children around the country. UGI Utilities employees volunteered with the Salvation Army Harrisburg to pack 1,100 boxes for local children. Employees also donated wish list items for the boxes.
- UGI Utilities and UGI Energy Services continued their long-standing holiday project of adopting the children of the Luzerne County Head Start – Back Mountain Center. Employees donated a new coat and outfit for each child to unwrap from Santa. Children also received a toy from their wish list to take home to open on Christmas. The gifts were delivered by employees, with a special appearance from Santa, portrayed by a UGI employee.
- Employees wrapped presents at the Viewmont Mall in Dickson City, PA, to raise money for United Cerebral Palsy of Northeastern Pennsylvania’s mission to provide opportunities and resources to individuals with disabilities.
- Valley Santa serves 4,000 children throughout Luzerne County, PA. UGI employees volunteered with the organization to wrap donated presents for the children they serve.
- Each December on National Wreaths Across America Day, the Wreaths Across America organization’s mission to “Remember, Honor, and Teach” is carried out by coordinating wreath-laying ceremonies at cemeteries across the country. This year, UGI employees and their families participated in Wreaths Across America ceremonies at 12 cemeteries across our service territory.
Thank you to our employees for their commitment to supporting their communities, not only during the holidays, but all year long! Your efforts are Fueling Our Future.
Follow UGI Utilities on Facebook (@UGIUtilities), Twitter (@UGI_Utilities) and Instagram (@ugiutilities) or visit www.ugi.com/community-programs to learn more about UGI’s commitment to supporting our communities.