A Significant Partnership Spanning the Commonwealth
UGI’s partnership with United Way spans the Commonwealth and represents a significant commitment on the part of both UGI and its employees.
UGI employees freely give both their time and resources to this national system of volunteers, contributors and local charities helping people in their own communities.
During UGI’s 2022 Employee Giving Campaign, pledges to United Way organizations in our service area consists of $347,277 from UGI Employees and $10,500 from UGI Retirees – totaling $357,777.
- paired up with Penn State College of Medicine’s REACH team to clean up the 9th and Mifflin Street neighborhood pocket park in the City of Lebanon
- painted at Occupational Services in Chambersburg
- completed outdoor projects for senior citizens in Bedford
- organized and cleaned at Dress for Success of Central PA in Harrisburg
- performed outdoor work, organized the supply closet, and provided classroom project assistance at Riverside Elementary School in Reading
- painted the exterior entryway of NuVisions Center in Lewistown
- completed outdoor projects and yardwork for senior citizens in Huntingdon
- painted at the Lackawanna Blind Association in Scranton
- performed summer camp prep such as painting, cleaning, etc. at the Jewish Community Center Day Camp near Harvey’s Lake
- performed outdoor ground clean up work, include raking leaves, mowing grass, trimming bushes, sweeping, gardening, etc. at the Wyoming Valley Children’s Association in Forty Fort
- raked leaves, mowed grass, picked up sticks and liter at the Forty Fort Cemetery
- helped the organization move some furniture and complete an indoor painting project at South Central Community Action Programs in Chambersburg