Natural Gas for Home Water Heating
Get Cleaner and Greener
Natural gas water heaters are fast, efficient, and easy on the environment. For all the hot water you need – when and where you need it – the natural choice is natural gas.
- Performance – Conventional natural gas water heaters heat water twice as fast as electricity. That means less wait time for hot water. And, you can do the dishes, wash clothes, and bathe the kids – all at the same time.
- Value – Natural gas water heaters are one of the most economical choices available. In fact, a 40-gallon conventional gas water heater actually produces more hot water than a 50-gallon conventional electric system. With fast heat-up, a natural gas system requires less time and storage to keep the hot water running.
- Environmental Impact – Natural gas is the cleanest-burning fossil fuel available. Natural gas water heating systems reduce carbon emissions by up to 57% and reduce nitrous oxide emissions by up to 77% compared to electric water heaters.
- Peace of Mind – Many conventional natural gas water heating systems do not require power. This means you can continue your daily routines even during a power outage.
Get the facts: Learn more about natural gas water heating
Tankless Water Heaters: the newest trend in maximum efficiency
- With a tankless system, you heat the water as you need it. There is always a plentiful supply of hot water.
- Tankless water heaters are compact and can be installed in tight or limited spaces.
- Tankless units are reliable and durable, lasting an average of 20 years.
- Tankless systems save you money because you’re not wasting energy heating water that just sits in a tank. You’ll save up to 20% compared to conventional water heating systems.