Low Income Usage Reduction Program (LIURP) or Weatherization
Low Income Usage Reduction Program (LIURP) provides high-usage, low-income households with home improvements to help reduce their energy bills. This program is offered at no cost to all UGI customers who qualify.
LIURP provides long-term, cost-effective energy conservation services and equipment to low-income households with higher than average usage. At no cost, the program helps reduce energy bills and makes your home more comfortable. Upon approval, your community based organization will contact you to set up an appointment. Customers who participate in the program will receive an in-home energy usage evaluation performed by a certified contractor. Our contractors will visit your home to help explain and implement energy conservation. LIURP benefits will not only help reduce your energy usage but will also make homes safer and keep warm air in throughout the heating season.
The energy conservation services or equipment that you are eligible to receive will be determined during your in home energy evaluation.
Some of the measures may include:
- Air sealing
- Heating system repairs
- Furnace clean, tune, and safety inspection
- Door and window caulking and weather stripping
- Carbon monoxide and smoke alarms
- Possible refrigerator repair or replacement (Electric customers only)
To qualify for the LIURP program, participants must have:
- An active residential gas heat or electric UGI account for the previous 12-month billing period.
- Higher than average gas or electric use for that period.
- A gross annual income at 150% or less of the Federal Poverty Level. In special cases, customers may qualify at 200% or less.
- Written permission from landlord if renting.
LIURP Household Income
150% FPL – 2018
|Per Addition Member||$6,480||$540||$125|