LIHEAP Customer Assistance Program
Pennsylvania’s Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) offers energy assistance grants to income-qualified customers. You do not have to have an unpaid bill to receive energy assistance, and you can receive these FREE grants without being a welfare recipient.
If you are eligible to receive a LIHEAP cash grant, a payment will be sent directly to UGI and it will be credited to your natural gas account. Additional money is available through LIHEAP crisis grants, which are given to those in emergency situations who are in danger of losing their heat. Emergency situations include:
- Broken heating equipment or leaking gas lines, which must be fixed or replaced.
- Being without fuel.
- Utility service termination.
- In danger of being without fuel or having utility service terminated.
Assistance for those in emergency situations is available 24 hours a day. You may contact your local county assistance office for more information.
Income Guidelines for LIHEAP (2018-2019)
|Per Addition Member||$6,480|
Program is Open as of
November 1, 2018
and until April 12, 2019
- Use PO Box 13009, Reading, PA 19612-3009 as UGI’s address.
- You will need your heating bill.
- You will need the names, birthdates and social security numbers, as well as proof of income for all household members.
- Once your application is processed by the county assistance office, you will receive a letter stating whether you were approved or denied for LIHEAP.