Energy Assistance Grants
LIHEAP Season is Now Open
Pennsylvania’s Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) offers FREE energy assistance grants to income-qualified customers. You do not have to have an unpaid bill to receive these grants.
If you are eligible to receive a LIHEAP cash grant, a payment will be sent directly to UGI and it will be credited to your natural gas account. Additional money is available through LIHEAP crisis grants, which are given to those in emergency situations who are in danger of losing their heat. Emergency situations include:
- Broken heating equipment or leaking gas lines, which must be fixed or replaced.
- Being without fuel.
- Utility service termination.
- In danger of being without fuel or having utility service terminated.
Assistance for those in emergency situations is available 24 hours a day. You may contact your local county assistance office for more information.
LIHEAP Household Income
150% Federal Poverty Guidelines
Program is Open as of
November 1, 2019
and until April 10, 2020
- Use PO Box 13009, Reading, PA 19612-3009 as UGI’s address and Add “Attn: Outreach Department”
- You will need your heating bill
- You will need the names, birthdates and social security numbers, as well as proof of income for all household members
- Once your application is processed by the county assistance office, you will receive a letter stating whether you were approved or denied for LIHEAP